Up Here Publishing Ltd., publisher of Up Here magazine, an award winning magazine about life in Canada’s far north, has an opening for an editor, effective immediately. This position is full time at the Up Here headquarters in Yellowknife and is responsible for planning and overseeing all content for a new quarterly business publication. The editor reports to the publisher.
- Oversee all issue planning and production
- Lead editorial and story meetings
- Generate story ideas for print and digital platforms
- Commission and edit features, profiles, shorter articles, web stories
- Write at least one feature story per issue.
- Co-ordinate production with in-house design and photography staff
- Minimum of eight years experience with a magazine or newspaper
- Strong familiarity with the North and northern business
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by 5pm. EST on Friday, July 28 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising Sales Representative
Up Here Publishing has an opening for a motivated, well-organized sales professional. The ideal candidate will possess excellent oral and written communications skills and have strong customer service skills. You will also be comfortable using an online CMS to track sales leads, actual sales and advertising materials provided by clients
- Sales calls and follow up to a number of assigned industry sectors
- Assisting with the generation of value-driven advertising solutions for clients
- Working with the design unit to make up and place ads
- Maintaining and updating data for all assigned clients
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter, we want you on our sales team. Experience in media sales is a definite asset.
Closing date: Friday, July 28
Submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com